This is very exciting for me, and I am sending my heartfelt thanks to Sam in Yorkshire, England (lovingthefiftysomething.com) for nominating the Zen of Living Smaller for this wonderful award! The Liebster Award is something of a chain letter, in that it encourages you to nominate 5 to 10 other blogs and they do the same and onward – extending the number of new readers to a blog and opening new horizons for many more folks. Cool concept!
There are a set of rules, once you are nominated – and I will do my best to adhere to them (you can find them at: theglobalaussie.com/blog/liebster-award-2017/ ).
So here’s my answer to #3 on the list of rules: I have a love for sustainability and living smaller (mostly because I started out poor; clawed my way to middle class; accumulated a ton of stuff; lost it all; did it over again – twice more; and finally figured out that “Less is more”) – my fave blogs are all about living smaller (e.g. tenthacrefarm.com; theprairiehomestead.com; and morningchores.com), but I have a rather ecclectic (so I’ve been told) list of beloved blogs – some science, some philosophy, lots of authors. Mostly, if the blog is about being a responsible human, I will probably like it.
#4 is to provide 10 random facts about me, here goes:
- I’ve been in technology since 1976 – starting in key punch cards and Microfiche and ending with a web start up company (with tech support and application development sprinkled through out the years and positions).
- I am a rescue pet owner – currently one 130 pound dog (Logan); two cats (Mister & Claudia); and three tortoises (Kili, Merri & Pippin).
- I’ve had pets all my life. And they have been of all kinds – fish, birds, turtles, hamsters, guinea pigs, mice, lizards, amphibians, snake, rabbit – as well as the standard dogs and cats.
- I was a licensed foster parent for a few years.
- I enjoy practical jokes as long as no one gets hurt.
- I don’t like surprises.
- I am an introvert and after being around people, I really need to hideout in my inner sanctum and read or play sim games until I can deal with humans again.
- I love sci-fi and fantasy; mythology and archeology.
- I read voraciously (check me out on Goodreads, if you don’t believe me – I set my reading goal for 2017 at 150 books and by June I passed it – I am at 169 books read so far this year).
- I have a wonderful, patient and supportive hubby (Bill) – who is amazing.
Okay now it is my turn to nominate some blogs, and please know that I personally find these to be interesting or entertaining and sometimes both:
- Just want to stay home
- Reclaiming my time
- WWWJust a girl kindleing
- Travelling through words
- Thrifty Campers
- Northier than thou
Well, that’s about it – I need to go inform these blogs that I’ve nominated them and also get some of my regular stuff up for the rest of the week.